Last Updated: October 1, 2020
BetterConsult provides a pre-consultation tool that enables doctors and other healthcare providers (collectively, “Healthcare Providers” or “you”) to capture the presenting symptoms, medication and other relevant clinical information of his or her patients (collectively, “Patients” or “you”) and then translate that data into concise medical notes, ready for review by the Healthcare Providers (as may be modified from time to time, the “Pre-consultation Platform”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Pre-consultation Platform, the Sites, the other BetterConsult Services or any of the other features, functions, services, and products, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
· In accessing and using the Sites.
· In registering and creating an account to access and use the Pre-consultation Platform.
· In accessing and using the Pre-consultation Platform.
· In accessing and using any of the other BetterConsult Services.
· In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Sites and the other BetterConsult Services.
· When you send any content through the Sites or any of the other BetterConsult Services.
· Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by BetterConsult or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any link that may be accessible from or on the Sites or any of the other BetterConsult Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Pre-consultation Platform or any of the other BetterConsult Services are intended directly for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information on or through the Sites or the other BetterConsult Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the BetterConsult Services or any of its features or register on the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the BetterConsult Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without the consent from a parent or legal guardian, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE UNDER AGE 18, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN PROVIDE ANY NECESSARY PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRE-CONSULTATION PLATFORM AND THE OTHER BETTERCONSULT SERVICES. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ON OR THROUGH THE PRE-CONSULTATION PLATFORM OR OTHER BETTERCONSULT SERVICES.
Information We Collect or May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about Patients and Healthcare Providers that access and use the Pre-consultation Platform or any of the other BetterConsult Services, including:
· For Patients, information by which you may be personally identified, including your initials, age and sex;
· For Healthcare Providers, information by which you may be personally identified, including name, date of birth, email address, residential address, business address, postal address, telephone number/s;
· The presenting symptoms, medication and other relevant clinical and medical information of Patients;
· Analytics information;
· Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit;
· Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information;
· Geo-location information;
· When you report a problem or concern with the Pre-consultation Platform, the Sites or any of the other BetterConsult Services;
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
· Details of transactions you carry out through the Sites and any of the other BetterConsult Services.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through or use the Sites or any of the BetterConsult Services.
· From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain situations may also involve you calling us (or our Service Providers) or our (or our Service Providers) calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal information that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you do not provide certain personal information identified in this policy, we may not be able to provide you access or use of the Pre-consultation Platform or the support that we otherwise could if you do provide this personal information.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, your healthcare provider, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by BetterConsult. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at email@example.com.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service.
As a convenience to you, we may or may in the future also provide links to other third-parties from within our Service. If you click on one of these links, you will be redirected to that third-party’s site (via affiliate cookies) and such third party may also transmit cookies to you. We do not have any control over that or how they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any of the BetterConsult Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics and Google Adwords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
· Where the use of your information is necessary to provide the Pre-consultation Platform or any of the other BetterConsult Services;
· Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
· Where you have given your consent (which can be withdrawn at any time).
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To provide you the Pre-consultation Platform.
· To provide you the Sites and the other BetterConsult Services and the content that is on it.
· To verify your identify or age.
· To process and obtain payment for the access and use of the Pre-consultation Platform and the other BetterConsult Services.
· To provide technical and other support to you.
· To send you news or information about us or the Pre-consultation Platform that may be of interest to you (if you have not opted-out).
· To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Pre-consultation Platform and the other BetterConsult Services and our business and operations.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about the Pre-consultation Platform.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to any of the Pre-consultation Platform, the Sites and the other BetterConsult Services.
· To enhance the safety and security of all of the BetterConsult Services.
· To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically may be statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Sites and the other BetterConsult Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
· Recognize you when you return to the Sites.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any data or other information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Sites or any of the other BetterConsult Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by BetterConsult and you. By allowing BetterConsult to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Sites and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Sites, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To your Healthcare Providers.
· To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support the Pre-consultation Platform and the other BetterConsult Services, and our business but only to the extent necessary for them to provide this support.
· To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BetterConsult’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BetterConsult about users of the Sites and the other BetterConsult services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your data information:
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BetterConsult, our customers or others.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, we will comply with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations including the privacy and confidentiality of patient records including but not limited to (i) The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”); (ii) the Privacy and Security Standards (45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164) and the Standards for Electronic Transactions (45 C.F.R Parts 160 and 162) (collectively, the “Standards”) promulgated or as to be promulgated by the Secretary of Health and Human Services on and after the applicable effective dates specified in the Standards; and (iii) The Health Information Technology Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (the “HITECH Act”). We comply with all bylaws, rules, regulations, and policies of Participant regarding the confidentiality and privacy of Protected Health Information, as defined in 45 C.F.R. 164.501, and Individually Identifiable Health Information (as defined in 42 U.S.C.§130d(6)) (collectively, “PHI”). All medical information and data concerning specific Patients including but not limited to the identification of the Patients, derived from the access and use of the Pre-consultation Platform shall be treated and maintained in a confidential manner.
BetterConsult does not expect to access to any PHI but to the extent that it does, BetterConsult agrees that it shall not disclose to any third party, except where required or permitted by law and the applicable business associate agreement, any PHI, medical record or other patient information regarding any Patient, and in such case, disclosures shall be made in accordance with the applicable policies of the parties, the applicable business associate agreement and the Standards. All medical information and data concerning specific Patients, including but not limited to PHI and the identification of Patients, derived from the access and use of the Pre-Consultation Platform shall be treated and maintained in a confidential manner.
Annonymized or Aggregated Information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
· Promotional Offers from BetterConsult. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by BetterConsult to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to BetterConsult as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at: BetterConsult, Inc.¸ 4321 Kingwood Dr., Suite 530, Kingwood, TX 77339.
How Long We Store Your Personal information
We will only retain the personal information of Healthcare Providers, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as your account is active. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. Subject to the foreging, we will delete your personal information upon your request. To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. BetterConsult cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites or the other BetterConsult Services.
The safety and security of your data also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to and use of your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
© Copyright BetterConsult, Inc. 2020